So you want to make some money.
Affiliate marketing is a great way of making money online, from home. If you are like me, you could always use more money, but how you make that money is very important to you.
Are you driven by money?
Frankly, most of us will achieve a high level of results in whatever drives us. I struggle a bit because I am not particularly driven by money (even though I want more of it.) It is very important how I make my money and that I provide something of real value in my work.
I believe some involved in affiliate marketing would continue providing content on their authoritative websites, even without compensation. They have a passion and/or driving interest in their particular area of interest and expertise.
But most of us need or want the additional income and value the validation that comes in providing quality content to readers and real return for our affiliate partners.
How hard are you willing to work to make more money?
Once you have found a venture or career path that offers you a high level of personal satisfaction and earning potential, determine how hard you are willing to work to realize your dreams.
In other words, budget your time commitment.
Is affiliate marketing simple?
Yes and no.
I share a brief checklist for those wanting to understand the basic steps to success (financial) in affiliate marketing. Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of the steps. Each step can, and most likely will, branch off in numerous directions as affiliate marketing expands both in its pervasiveness and complexity.
- Determine an area of interest and/or expertise that you can and will work hard at in order to share your credible knowledge or advice with others.
- Create a user-friendly, professional website(s) to present the informational value you have prepared. The site element mix will likely include text, images, audio and video.
- Use all tools at your disposal to increase traffic to your website. These will include online tools (email, social media, SEO) and offline tools (sharing with friends and family and expanding your involvement in your local and online community.)
- Seek out affiliate partnerships that are reputable and lucrative. The options should be studied thoroughly. Beware of scams.
- Plan the work and work the plan.
What if I don’t have the necessary knowledge or skills?
Most of us fall into this category. There are books, seminars, YouTube videos and affiliate training programs that can help. Sorting through all these options is challenging.
We all know our own preferred method of learning and which is most effective for us.
For me, I found Wealthy Affiliate. (weathlyaffiliate.com). I have posted my personal review of my experience with Wealthy Affiliate on this website. They offer a unique combination of extensive training (beginner and advanced), an involved member support community, varied learning and teaching methods, online support, live chat and learning and participation incentives to keep you moving towards your goals.
Even if Wealthy Affiliate is not a match for you, your perusal of their website (FREE!) will give you an established baseline for evaluating other training options.
Enjoy your journey.